I love the Leonie Dawson Create Your Year Workbooks. One of the questions asks you to think about the lessons you’ve learned in 2012. Here are mine:
- Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional (a lesson from 2011 that I’ve kept learning!).
- I work best with a glass of water, a mug of tea, a meal just eaten or a snack at hand, and a timer. It also helps to have a list.
- My fears and anxieties are my responsibility.
- I feel better when I don’t judge my feelings, and instead accept them and forgive myself.
- Look for God in the details of everyday life
- Pay attention to how feelings feel in my body
- The Holy Spirit is the Universe that everyone talks to, and vice versa.
- Problems are a normal part of life, and worthy challenges to be met.
- Manifesting = discernment
- Intelligence is malleable — I can get better at something by trying at it!
- I can define success for myself.
- I spend money is an (usually) ill-guided attempt to be prepared.
- I should take control by making decisions to influence outcomes.
- Relationships are about interdependence.
- Committing to something meaningful is important.